If asked to describe myself, there are many words I could use. But the first one that comes to mind is horseperson. I'm a rider at my core, and horses are not just a hobby of mine--they are part of who I am. Maybe the largest part.

The purpose of this blog is not only to serve as a training log, but also as a tribute to my best friend.

20 July 2011

dream big

"I don't know if I'll make it, 
but 
watch how good I'll fake it..."

Like I've mentioned, this blog is around mostly to serve as a training log. I'm lucky enough to have friends and family who care enough about me to want to know what I'm up to, and I've always been the type who is motivated by keeping records--having constant reminders of the goals I want to achieve.
Earlier this year, my goal was only to get back to Prelim. I wanted to run one--just one--Preliminary event, to prove to myself that Randy and I are still capable of that level. 

But our schooling has continued to improve under the watchful eye of our trainer, Lauren, and that goal has morphed. 

. . .Okay, actually Lauren just kind of told us what our goal was, whether I like it or not. Ha.

Goal One: Successfully move back to Prelim at the Rocking Horse Horse Trials in November 2011.
Goal Two: Complete 3-4 more Prelims between December 2010 and March 2012... Pine Top Farm and Poplar Place Farm are musts here.
Goal Three: Compete at... gulp... Red Hills International Horse Trials in March 2012.

Red Hills. 
 25,000 spectators. 
Competition level begins at Prelim
Completely roped-off XC course, a la Olympics/WEGs/Rolex. 

Hell, Red Hills is my Rolex--my Olympics--for all intents and purposes.

Am I going to get there by next spring? I'm not sure. Maybe I won't be there until 2013. Maybe I won't be there at all. But if you don't have dreams, what have you got?










No comments:

Post a Comment